We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
A mirrorless camera with a nostalgic design and current functionality, the silver X-A5 Mirrorless Digital Camera from Fujifilm is equipped with an APS-C CMOS sensor with a resolution of 24.2MP and an upgraded CPU that is 1.5 times quicker than previous versions. Because of its small size and light weight (1.1 lbs with the attached 15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens), it is meant to be portable and simple to carry anywhere.
In terms of features, the camera is still well-suited for professional photographers, with UHD 4K recording and Full HD video at 60 frames per second, as well as an Intelligent Hybrid AF system with phase-detect points for lightning-fast focusing and a host of other features.
The X-A5 is equipped with a number of features and filters that are designed to make your shooting experience easier. With the 4K Burst Function, you can swiftly capture still images at 15 frames per second, allowing you to choose the best frame, while the Portrait Enhancer Mode helps to guarantee that skin tones are presented in a flattering manner.
An option for focus stacking, which automatically merges 4K photos and adjusts the needed depth of field for the optimal output, is available in the Multi Focus Mode. Finally, seventeen advanced filters and eleven film simulation filters are available to accommodate a wide range of photographic scenarios, including fog removal and high dynamic range photography (HDR).
The camera’s tilting 3″ LCD touchscreen, which features a noteworthy 1040k-dot resolution and a redesigned graphical user interface (GUI) for more intuitive operation, makes operation simple. Whenever the camera’s screen is rotated 180 degrees for selfies, the camera’s rear command dial automatically switches functions to allow for simple operation of the zoom and shutter release features.
The rotation also triggers an automated activation of the eye recognition autofocus function, which aids in maintaining crisp focus on the subject’s face during the capture. Other notable features of the X-A5 include a maximum ISO sensitivity of 12,800, a battery life of up to 450 shots per charge, and Bluetooth connectivity for sending data to a smartphone, tablet, or directly to your INSTAX SP-3 printer through a wireless connection.
- Compact mirrorless camera, weighing 1.1 lb with the kit lens mounted, with an APS-C cropped sensor capable of 24.2MP still images and 4K video recording at up to UHD 4K resolution. Intelligent Hybrid AF system with phase-detection technology for quick focusing, and a fast autofocus system.
- The LCD touchscreen can be tilted 180 degrees for selfie shooting, and there is a rear command dial for quick shutter release, as well as an eye detection autofocus function to assist assure perfect focus on the subject in front of the camera.
- 1/322,000-second maximum shutter speed is achieved by using electronic means.
- The Burst Function records 4K stills at up to 15 frames per second, allowing you to pick the finest shot from a group of them.
- Multi Focus Mode automatically conducts focus stacking with 4K photos and adjusts depth of field for the best possible results in every situation.
- The Portrait Enhancer feature assists in ensuring that skin tones are displayed in an attractive manner in portraits.
- Quiet Venue mode turns off the sound of the shutter and buttons, allowing the camera to operate with the least amount of noise possible.
- Soft focus, low-key, HDR art, fog removal, and toy camera settings are some of the advanced filters available.
- A variety of film simulation filters, including Velvia, classic chrome, and sepia tones, have been developed to recreate the look of film prints.
- Fireworks, sunset, beach, portrait, and other standard scene styles are all accessible to use.
- The standard ISO sensitivity range has been increased to 12,800, enabling for photography in low-light circumstances in addition to normal conditions.
- On the left side of the camera is a built-in manual pop-up flash.
- A dedicated exposure compensation dial allows you to adjust the exposure compensation up to plusmn;5 stops in 1/3 stages.
- Bluetooth connection for wirelessly uploading photos and videos to and from a smartphone, tablet, or INSTAX SP-3 printer
Fujifilm X-A5 Specs
|MSRP||$599 (with 15-45mm PZ lens)|
|Body type||Rangefinder-style mirrorless|
|Max resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||24 megapixels|
|Sensor size||APS-C (23.5 x 15.7 mm)|
|ISO||Auto, 200-12800 (expandable to 100-51200)|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||100|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||51200|
|White balance presets||7|
|Custom white balance||Yes (3 slots)|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, Normal|
|Autofocus||Contrast Detect (sensor)Phase DetectMulti-areaCenterSelective single-pointTrackingSingleContinuousTouchFace DetectionLive View|
|Number of focus points||91|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Focal length multiplier||1.5×|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/4000 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic)||1/32000 sec|
|Manual exposure mode||Yes|
|Subject / scene modes||Yes|
|Flash range||5.70 m (at ISO 200)|
|Flash modes||Auto, flash on, flash off, slow synchro, rear-curtain synchro, commander|
|Continuous drive||6.0 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2 or 10 secs)|
|Exposure compensation||±5 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±3 (3 frames at 1/3 EV, 2/3 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||3840 x 2160 (15p), 1920 x 1080 (60, 50, 24, 23.98p), 1280 x 720 (60p, 50p, 24p, 23.98p)|
|Modes||3840 x 2160 @ 15p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 60p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 50p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 30p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 24p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 23.98p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1280 x 720 @ 120p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1280 x 720 @ 60p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1280 x 720 @ 50p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1280 x 720 @ 24p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1280 x 720 @ 23.98p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM|
|Storage types||SD/SDHC/SDXC card (UHS-I supported)|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Wireless notes||802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.1 LE|
|Remote control||Yes (Wired or via smartphone)|
|Battery description||NP-W126S lithium-ion battery & USB charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||450|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||361 g (0.80 lb / 12.73 oz)|
|Dimensions||117 x 68 x 40 mm (4.61 x 2.68 x 1.57″)|