We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
Characterized by its compact profile and refined appearance, the Fujifilm X-T100 is a versatile mirrorless camera perfect for everyday shooting. Sporting a high-resolution 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor for recording stills and video, the X-T100’s imaging capabilities are rounded out by a fast and precise hybrid phase- and contrast-detection autofocus system as well as sophisticated SR+ Auto settings to accurately depict a wide variety of scene types.
Creative shooting endeavors are benefitted by the inclusion of Film Simulation modes, to mimic the look of classic Fujifilm films, along with Advanced Filter modes for unique effects. The sleek body design incorporates both a 0.62x-magnification 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder, for intuitive eye-level shooting, and a 3.0″ 1.04m-dot three-way tilting touchscreen LCD that can face forward for accurately composing selfies.
The camera body is also distinguished by its black anodized-aluminum finish, top dial controls, and retro aesthetic. Additionally, Bluetooth low energy and Wi-Fi allow you to wirelessly share imagery from the camera to a mobile device and the included rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers up to 430 shots per charge for all-day use.
APS-C CMOS sensor with 24.2MP resolution and hybrid autofocus
When shooting in a range of lighting circumstances, the 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor produces high-quality stills and video in high definition. In addition to having a native sensitivity range of ISO 200-12800, it also has an expandable range of ISO 100-51200 to better suit working in extremely bright or extremely dark conditions.
UHD 4K video may be recorded at a frame rate of 15p, or for greater versatility, Full HD 1080p video can be recorded at frame rates of 59.94p, 24p, and 23.98p. For stills photography, a continuous rate of 6 frames per second is possible, as well as a 4K Burst Shooting option that allows you to capture 8MP stills at 15 frames per second.
In addition to its image capabilities, the sensor incorporates a 91-area hybrid autofocus system that use both phase-detection and contrast-detection technologies to provide rapid and precise AF.
Design of the body and wireless connectivity
In order to facilitate shooting at eye level, a 2.36 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder with a 0.62x magnification is included for easy viewing.
It is also possible to purchase a rear 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which has a unique three-way tilting design that is beneficial for photography from high and low angles, as well as taking front-facing selfies.
- WIFI and Bluetooth Low Energy are built-in, allowing you to wirelessly share your images with a connected mobile device.
- As with Fujifilm’s other X-series cameras, the X-T100 maintains a classic style while being particularly lightweight and small. Its striking black finish adds to the overall appeal of the camera.
- A removable grip is offered to aid in maneuvering the weapon.
- Conveniently located Mode and Function dials allow for quick and easy modification of certain camera features.
- It is possible to use the built-in pop-up flash to offer additional illumination while working in low light conditions, and the Super Intelligent Flash technology automatically adjusts the flash power to match the lighting conditions.
Additional Camera Functions
- SR that is more advanced Auto mode automatically identifies and classifies different scene and subject categories, allowing the camera to intelligently adapt its settings.
- Many historic Fujifilm film types, including as Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, and PRO Neg, may be emulated with the help of the Film Simulation modes, which include multiple Monochrome modes and several Color Simulation modes.
- Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, High-Key, Low-Key, Dynamic Tone, Fish-Eye, Soft Focus, Cross Screen, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple), Fog Remove, and HDR Art are some of the advanced filter settings available to photographers.
- The Multi Focus mode automatically combines many exposures with different focal points into a single image in order to increase the effective depth of field.
Fujifilm X-T100 Specs
|MSRP||$599 body only, $699 w/16-50mm lens|
|Body type||SLR-style mirrorless|
|Max resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||24 megapixels|
|Sensor size||APS-C (23.5 x 15.7 mm)|
|ISO||Auto, 200-12800 (expands to 100-51200)|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||100|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||51200|
|White balance presets||7|
|Custom white balance||Yes (3 slots)|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, normal|
|Autofocus||Contrast Detect (sensor)Phase DetectMulti-areaCenterSelective single-pointTrackingSingleContinuousTouchFace DetectionLive View|
|Number of focus points||91|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Focal length multiplier||1.5×|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Viewfinder magnification||0.93× (0.62× 35mm equiv.)|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/4000 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic)||1/32000 sec|
|Manual exposure mode||Yes|
|Subject / scene modes||Yes|
|Flash range||5.00 m (at ISO 100)|
|External flash||Yes (via hot shoe)|
|Flash modes||Auto, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro, Rear-curtain Synchro, Commander|
|Continuous drive||6.0 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2 or 10 sec, smile, buddy, group, face)|
|Exposure compensation||±5 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±3 (3 frames at 1/3 EV steps)|
|Modes||3840 x 2160 @ 15p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 60p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 24p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 23.98p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1280 x 720 @ 60p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1280 x 720 @ 50p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1280 x 720 @ 24p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM1280 x 720 @ 23.98p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM|
|Storage types||SD/ SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I compatible)|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|HDMI||Yes (Micro HDMI)|
|Wireless notes||802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.1 LE|
|Remote control||Yes (via smartphone or wired remote)|
|Battery description||NP-W126s lithium-ion battery|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||430|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||448 g (0.99 lb / 15.80 oz)|
|Dimensions||121 x 83 x 47 mm (4.76 x 3.27 x 1.85″)|