We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
An unusually elegant interpretation of a familiar design, the dark silver X-T200 marries FUJIFILM’s fondness for retro-inspired aesthetics with flexible imaging technology to suit both picture and video applications. Featuring a 24.2MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor, this mirrorless device is capable of shooting high-resolution stills at up to 8 fps within a native sensitivity range from ISO 200-12800.
The sensor’s architecture also supports UHD 4K video recording up to 30 fps and Full HD recording at up to 60 fps. Complementing both media, the sensor’s architecture also features phase-detection pixels to boost both focusing speed and reaction, as well as enabling Eye and Face Detection capabilities for higher focusing accuracy with portraiture.
Balancing the image capabilities is a well-rounded body design that incorporates both a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a huge 3.5″ 2.76m-dot touchscreen LCD, which boasts a swivel design to suit operating from high, low, and front-facing angles. Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth also allow wireless image sharing and remote camera operation from a connected mobile device.
APS-C CMOS sensor with 24.2MP resolution and hybrid autofocus
When shooting in a range of lighting circumstances, the 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor produces high-quality stills and video in high definition. In addition to having a native sensitivity range of ISO 200-12800, it also has an expandable range of ISO 100-51200 to better suit working in extremely bright or extremely dark conditions.
UHD 4K video may be recorded at resolutions of up to 29.97p, while Full HD video can be recorded at resolutions of up to 59.94p. Electronic stabilization can be utilized to assist stabilize unsteady footage during the recording process. Additionally, while working with moving subjects, a constant rate of 8 frames per second may be achieved when capturing stills.
In addition to its image capabilities, the sensor incorporates a hybrid autofocus system that use both phase-detection and contrast-detection technologies to provide rapid and precise autofocus tracking and tracking. This focusing mechanism also has the capability of detecting both faces and eyes, which helps to ensure proper focusing while taking portraits.
Design of the body and wireless connectivity
- The bright 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder gives a clear manner of viewing the camera at eye level.
- The large 3.5″ 2.76m-dot touchscreen LCD allows for straightforward management of the camera’s shooting parameters. As an added bonus, the screen can be swiveled from any angle (0-180° outward and -90°/+180° rotating) to benefit from working at high, low, and front-facing angles. Additionally, the screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio, which makes it more suitable for video recording applications.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable you to wirelessly share imagery and remotely operate the camera from a mobile device that is connected to the camera’s network.
- The outside of this stylish body design is a dark silver hue, and the whole look is vintage in nature.
- The WP-W126S battery, which is included, delivers around 270 shots per charge in standard mode and roughly 450 shots per charge in economy mode, depending on the setting.
- It is possible to use the built-in pop-up flash to offer additional illumination while working in low light conditions, and the Super Intelligent Flash technology automatically adjusts the flash power to match the lighting conditions.
Other Camera Features
- Film Simulation settings allow you to simulate the look of various historic FUJIFILM film types, including Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, PRO Neg, and other Monochrome modes.
- An HDR video setting can also be employed to suit filming in greater contrast lighting circumstances.
- Clear Advanced Filter delivers greater brightness to suit working in adverse lighting circumstances.
- Portrait Enhancer settings generates smooth and natural skin tones to make sure everyone appears their best.
- Depth Control is a straightforward way for developing and pre-visualizing different depth of field effects.
- Scene Position modes: Portrait, Night, Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, Text, Multiple Exposure, and Light Trail.
- Advanced Filter modes: Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, High-Key, Low-Key, Dynamic Tone, Fish-Eye, Soft Focus, Cross Screen, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple), Fog Remove, and HDR Art.
Fujifilm X-T200 Specs
|MSRP||$699 (body), $799 (w/15-45mm lens)|
|Body type||SLR-style mirrorless|
|Max resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Image ratio w:h||4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||24 megapixels|
|Sensor size||APS-C (23.5 x 15.7 mm)|
|ISO||Auto, ISO 200-12800 (expands to 100-51200)|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||100|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||51200|
|Custom white balance||Yes|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, normal|
|Autofocus||Contrast Detect (sensor)Phase DetectMulti-areaCenterSelective single-pointTrackingSingleContinuousTouchFace DetectionLive View|
|Number of focus points||425|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Focal length multiplier||1.5×|
|Articulated LCD||Fully articulated|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Viewfinder magnification||0.93× (0.62× 35mm equiv.)|
|Minimum shutter speed||4 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/4000 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic)||1/32000 sec|
|Manual exposure mode||Yes|
|Subject / scene modes||Yes|
|Flash range||7.00 m (at ISO 200)|
|External flash||Yes (via hot shoe)|
|Continuous drive||8.0 fps|
|Exposure compensation||±5 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|Modes||3840 x 2160 @ 30p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM3840 x 2160 @ 25p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM3840 x 2160 @ 24p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM3840 x 2160 @ 23.98p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 120p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 60p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 50p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 25p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 24p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM1920 x 1080 @ 23.98p, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|Storage types||SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I supported)|
|USB||USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 GBit/sec)|
|HDMI||Yes (micro HDMI)|
|Wireless notes||802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth|
|Remote control||Yes (via smartphone)|
|Battery description||NP-W126S lithium-ion battery & carger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||270|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||370 g (0.82 lb / 13.05 oz)|
|Dimensions||121 x 84 x 55 mm (4.76 x 3.31 x 2.17″)|