Before we begin formatting, an important note
- It is imperative that any essential data be backed up in advance, as it will not be possible to retrieve it after formatting the device.
- It is necessary to format the card before using this device to record a picture.
- When formatting, either use a battery that has a sufficient amount of battery power or the AC adaptor (which is optional) along with the DC coupler (which is optional).
- During the formatting process, you should not turn off the camera.
- If the memory card was previously formatted on a computer or other piece of equipment, you will need to format it again using the camera.
- Please try using a different card if the current one cannot be formatted.
- For models that come equipped with both an SD card and internal memory.
- Only the card that has been inserted into the slot is formatted if one is present. Take out the card if you want to format the built-in memory.
- It’s possible that formatting the built-in memory will take longer than formatting the card.
You should get in touch with the Service Center in your area if the memory card or the built-in memory cannot be formatted.
How to Recover Data If You Accidentally Format Your Memory Card
Even if there is a further confirmation step, there is a chance that you will not have enough time to change your mind and decide that you do not want to format the memory card. This is the case even if there is an additional confirmation step. Your photos have been removed from the site, at least in theory. In point of fact, however, it is still possible for them to be retrieved at some point in the future.
As a first step toward solving the issue, you should terminate all use of the memory card. If it is at all possible, you should refrain from adding anything new to the document under any circumstances. After you have done that, it is time to launch some data recovery software on your personal computer.
There are a few alternatives to choose from, and even though they all carry out functions that are analogous, they do so in distinctive ways. However, many of the paid ones have a trial version that, at the very least, enables you to see what can be recovered, and after that, you can choose whether or not to purchase a license in order to actually be able to perform a recovery. Some of them are free, while others require payment; however, some of the paid ones have a trial version that enables you to see what can be recovered.
Panasonic Lumix GX9 Read More: