JVC’s 2/3-inch HD Connected Camcorder, model GY-HC900CHU, features a powerful IP connectivity system that makes it well-suited for use in ENG, studio, and sports applications. Images created by this camera include great sensitivity, minimal noise, and a broad dynamic range. The camera uses three 2/3-inch CMOS sensors.
The GY-HC900CHU gives you a wide range of recording options to choose from thanks to its compatibility with the widely used and widely supported MPEG-2 35/25 Mb/s standard, in addition to the production-quality MOV and H.264 codecs. Recording may be done in a redundant, relay, and backup mode when using a device with two SD card slots.
Options for capture include recording 1080p video at up to 120 frames per second (fps) for slow-motion effects, recording in either 1080p or 720p Sports Exchange Normal format, recording at 50 MB/s 4:2:2 10-bit (H.264), and recording in standard MPEG-2 at speeds of up to 35 MB/s.
Live streaming is possible at frame rates of up to 1080p60/50 with a latency that is as low as 500 milliseconds thanks to an in-built MIMO dual-antenna Wi-Fi device that has a great range and supports MIMO. In addition to a host connector for USB 3.0, the GY-HC900CHU also comes equipped with a LAN terminal. A separate purchase is required to get the dual-modem bonding device, which is offered as an option.
The GY-HC900CHU has a sensitivity rating of f/12 at 60 Hz and f/13 at 50 Hz with a maximum of 2000 lux when it is set to the Extended mode. The standard mode offers a signal-to-noise ratio of 62 dB, and HDR recording may be done in either Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) or in a 10-bit J-Log format. The use of IP return video and IFB audio makes it easy to communicate with the cast and crew working on the project.
In addition to an OLED viewfinder and a splash-proof grade of IPX2, the camera body offers a lens attachment that conforms to the industry-standard B4 design. One HDMI, one composite, and two 3G-SDI outputs, as well as one 3G-SDI pool input, a 68-pin fiber connection, two 3-pin XLR, and one 5-pin XLR audio connectors are included among the interfaces. The camera also has an extra slot built into it so that it may be expanded in the future if necessary.
- Images created by this camera include excellent sensitivity, minimal noise, and a broad dynamic range. It uses three 2/3-inch CMOS sensors.
- Live streaming with low latency and stability in 1080p at 50 or 60 frames per second
- Capable of recording in the 1080p and 720p codecs that are standard for Sports Exchange.
- The B4 lens mount, which is the industry standard
- Records in 50 Mb/s Long GOP 10-bit 4:2:2 while also supporting the usual 35 Mb/s MPEG-2 formats.
- Dual SD card slots give users the ability to record in redundant, relay, and backup modes.
- Two 3G-SDI outputs and one 3G-SDI input for pooling are provided through a 68-pin interface that may connect directly to an optional FS-900 fiber back.
- Decoding in parallel for both the return video and the IFB audio, as well as ZiXi error correction