The JVC Everio GZ-R440DUS Quad-Proof HD Camcorder, which is orange in color, is capable of recording HD AVCHD video at a resolution of 1080i60 at bit rates of up to 24 Mbps. The Everio GZ-R440DUS is constructed with a durable camera body designed by JVC called Quad-Proof, which makes it capable of capturing your experiences regardless of the weather.
This tough camcorder can withstand water depths of up to 16 feet, shocks from falls of up to 5 feet, dust, and temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit. The camera’s back-illuminated 2.5MP CMOS sensor works in conjunction with JVC’s Falconbird image processor to record 1920 x 1080 HD video onto SD media cards or the camera’s own 4GB of memory storage space. Taking still photographs is possible in two modes, at resolutions of up to 10 megapixels or 2 megapixels.
The Konica Minolta HD lens found in the Everio GZ-R440DUS has both an optical zoom of 40 times and a digital zoom of 60 times. When the camera is held by a hand, advanced image stabilization (AIS) helps lessen the amount of wobble that occurs. Watch while simultaneously recording and playing back video on the 3 “LCD with touch screen.
Time-lapse recording, face identification, and special effects such as grainy B&W, food, and baby modes are included as part of the image-capturing functionality. Additional capabilities of the camera include an internal battery that is both rechargeable and capable of lasting for up to five hours, an integrated zoom microphone and compatibility with 37mm filters.
- The waterproof construction can withstand depths of up to 16 feet, shocks of up to 5 feet, is impervious to dust, and can withstand temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit.
- AVCHD video may be recorded at data rates of up to 24 Mbps and up to 1080i60 resolution.
- 40x zoom using optical lenses and 60x zoom using digital zoom
- storage capacity of 4 gigabytes onboard the device
- The internal battery, which is rechargeable, has a runtime of up to five hours. Additionally, the camera may be charged via USB as well as portable batteries that are sold separately (not included)
- CMOS image sensor with a backlight and a resolution of 2.5 megapixels; card slot compatible with SD, SDHC, and SDXC media
- Still, images may be captured at up to 10 megapixels or 2 megapixels.
- 3 “LCD display with a touch screen for viewing and playing back media
- The Advanced Image Stabilization (AIS) system is designed to counteract the effects of camera shaking.