Photographers will like the Nikon D3200 DSLR Camera’s small and flexible design, which has a 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor in DX format and an EXPEED 3 image processor. Its high-resolution image capabilities are complemented by outstanding low-light sensitivity (up to an expanded ISO 12800), continuous shooting at up to 4 frames per second, and full HD video recording capabilities in 1080p high definition.
In addition to these photographic assets, the camera is equipped with an 11-point autofocus system that delivers rapid and precise focusing capabilities to accommodate working with a range of subject types in virtually any lighting scenario.
Furthermore, a variety of shooting modes and features are available to assist you in artistically enhancing your picture, including a useful Guide Mode as well as Picture Control options that allow you to change the color and contrast values of your photographs and videos in-camera.
A big 3.0-inch display is required for live view monitoring, picture playback, and menu navigation “A 921k-dot LCD monitor with a broad 160-degree viewing angle is provided, allowing for more comfortable working from both high and low positions.
Aside from providing Wi-Fi access, the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter may be utilized to remotely control the D3200 from an Android or iOS mobile device, which further enhances the viewing and shooting capabilities of the camera.
Two flexible zoom lenses are included with the camera body: the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II and the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED, which when used together provide a total 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-300mm.
Both lenses make use of extra-low dispersion glass to eliminate chromatic aberrations and provide images that are crisp and distinct. Aside from that, both lenses are equipped with SWM (Silent Wave Motor) autofocus mechanisms that provide quick-focusing performance that is precise and silent.
A Nikon shoulder bag is also included, which serves as both a protective case and a way of transporting the full camera equipment.
Sensor with a resolution of 24.2MP DX-Format and an EXPEED 3 processor
The combined efforts of the 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and the EXPEED 3 CPU result in overall good image quality that includes noticeable detail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity up to a native ISO 6400, which can be further increased to ISO 12800.
As a result, the EXPEED 3 CPU provides a significant boost in overall performance across the camera system, including the capability for full HD 1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 4 frames per second.
Sensor for autofocus with Multi-CAM 1000 technology
An effective autofocus mechanism, which utilizes 11 different AF points to swiftly acquire focus in a variety of lighting settings ranging from -1 to +19 EV, contributes to the great image quality. In order to keep the focus on moving subjects, predictive autofocus tracking is enabled, and Face-Priority AF may also be employed when working in live view mode.
Full-HD video recording is available.
Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is available in several frame rates up to 30 frames per second, as is HD 720p and SD 480p movie recording in numerous frame rates, all in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 codec. HD 720p and SD 480p movie recording are also supported in multiple frame rates.
In addition to face identification and subject tracking, full-time focusing is available throughout the recording, allowing for consistent sharpness across a wide range of subject types. It is possible to record high-quality sound using a built-in monaural microphone; however, a microphone input has been inserted into the body design to allow for the use of an external microphone for improved sound quality and control over audio recordings.
The use of a scene recognition system and exposure metering is recommended.
In order to quickly determine the most accurate exposure and white balance setting for the scene at hand, the intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II employs a 420-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, in order to quickly determine the most accurate exposure and white balance setting for the scene at hand.
During the data collection process, the information obtained is compared against onboard reference photographs to guarantee consistency from image to image in terms of exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking autofocus performance.
Design of the Body
The D3200 incorporates a huge 3.0-inch display “The 921k-dot LCD monitor has a 160-degree viewing angle, which allows it to provide greater viewing capabilities from both high and low working angles. For more precise eye-level viewing and real-time monitoring of subjects, an optional brilliant pentamirror optical viewfinder is also included in the design.
- A built-in pop-up flash is also available for additional lighting while working in low-light circumstances, and it is compatible with Nikon’s i-TTL flash metering technology, which allows for more accurate exposure control. In addition, a hot shoe may be utilized for connection, with an optional external flash for even more control over illumination.
- Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G ED II Lens has an AF-S DX system.
- The AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II, which is included with the D3200, is a standard zoom lens with a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-82.5mm. The D3200 also includes the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II, which is a standard zoom lens with a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of To minimize chromatic aberrations and distortion, aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements are incorporated into the lens’ construction, resulting in crisp, clear vision over the whole zoom range. In addition, a Silent Wave Motor has been included in the lens to encourage quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance while shooting video.
- AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Lens (AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR Lenses)
- The AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED lens, which has a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 82.5-300mm and can be used for telephoto to super-telephoto viewpoints, is also included. A Silent Wave Motor (SWM) focusing mechanism enables high-speed autofocus (AF) in a precise, smooth, and quiet way, which is beneficial for filming movies in low light. Two extra-low dispersion elements are added into the optical design to reduce chromatic aberrations and increase overall picture sharpness while maintaining high contrast. The lens elements have also been treated with a Super Integrated Coating (SIC), which minimizes the appearance of ghosting and flare, resulting in improved color neutrality and picture contrast overall.
- Additional Camera Functions
- Using the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter, you may quickly transmit imagery and monitor a live view from a connected mobile device while using Wi-Fi connectivity to connect to the camera system.
- It is possible to use the D3200’s Guide Mode to become more familiar with the camera through a series of step-by-step instructions, which is really useful.
- Picture Control modes, which can be accessed straight from the camera through a dedicated button, allow you to apply predetermined aesthetics to photos in-camera. These include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings, among others.
- The use of Active D-Lighting while working in high contrast environments, such as backlight lighting, allows for the preservation of both highlight and shadow features. Because of the processing capacity of the EXPEED 3 processor, a more regulated image will be created, with brightness levels that are closer to what is perceived naturally. This mode is best suited for working with subjects that are in motion.
- Using Scene Auto Selector, your camera will automatically determine what you are photographing and how you are photographing it. It will then choose the most appropriate Scene Mode for the situation and modify the exposure settings to best depict the scene.
- Automatic, automatic (flash off), portrait, landscape, child portrait, sports portrait (close-up), and night portrait are among the scene modes available.
- Colour balance, color outline, color sketch, D-lighting, distortion control, filter effects, fisheye, image overlay, miniature effect, monochrome, NEF (RAW) processing (including perspective control), red-eye correction, resize, selective color, straighten, and trim are some of the image editings features available in-camera.
- Languages supported include Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (both simplified and traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Ukrainian. Languages not supported include Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (both simplified and traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian,
Nikon D3200 Specs
|MSRP||US: with 18-55mm VR – $699.95; UK: with 18-55mm VR – £649.99; UK: with 18-55mm VR – €699|
|Body type||Compact SLR|
|Max resolution||6016 x 4000|
|Other resolutions||4512 x 3000, 3008 x 2000|
|Image ratio w:h||3:2|
|Effective pixels||24 megapixels|
|Sensor photodetectors||25 megapixels|
|Sensor size||APS-C (23.2 x 15.4 mm)|
|ISO||Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400 (12800 with boost)|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||12800|
|White balance presets||12|
|Custom white balance||Yes (1)|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, Normal, Basic|
|Autofocus||Contrast Detect (sensor)Phase DetectMulti-areaSelective single-pointTrackingSingleContinuousFace DetectionLive View|
|Number of focus points||11|
|Lens mount||Nikon F|
|Focal length multiplier||1.5×|
|Screen type||TFT LCD with 160° viewing angle|
|Viewfinder type||Optical (pentamirror)|
|Viewfinder magnification||0.8× (0.53× 35mm Equiv.)|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/4000 sec|
|Manual exposure mode||Yes|
|Built-in flash||Yes (Pop-up)|
|Flash range||12.00 m (at ISO 100)|
|External flash||Yes (Hot-shoe, Wireless plus sync connector)|
|Flash modes||Auto, Red-Eye, Slow, Red-Eye Slow, Rear-curtain|
|Continuous drive||4.0 fps|
|Metering modes||MultiCenter-weightedSpot AF-area|
|Exposure compensation||±5 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||1920 x 1080 (30,25, 24 fps), 1280 x 720 (60, 50 fps), 640 x 424 (30, 25 fps)|
|Videography notes||Frame rates of 30p (actual frame rate 29.97 fps) and 60p (actual frame rate 59.94 fps) are available when NTSC is selected for video mode; 25p and 50p are available when PAL is selected for video mode; Actual frame rate when 24p is selected is 23.976 fps|
|Storage types||SD/SDHC/SDXC UHS-I compliant|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|HDMI||Yes (Mini Type C)|
|Wireless notes||WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter|
|Remote control||Yes (Optional)|
|Battery description||Lithium-Ion EN-EL14 rechargeable battery & charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||540|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||505 g (1.11 lb / 17.81 oz)|
|Dimensions||125 x 96 x 77 mm (4.92 x 3.78 x 3.03″)|