We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
With Ikelite’s Underwater Housing for the Panasonic Lumix TS7 or FT7 digital cameras, you can capture detailed photographs and colorful video as deep as 200 feet below the surface of the sea. The enclosure is equipped with two fiber-optic ports that may be used to attach optional external strobes to the enclosure using the required cables.
Except for the diopter adjustment dial, all camera operations are controlled by ergonomic mechanical controls, including a curved shutter lever that can be extended for use with a tray by using an adapter that may be purchased separately from the camera.
The housing, which is constructed in the United States of America from a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, is light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom and clear on the back, allowing you to see the O-ring seal and rear camera controls without having to remove the housing.
The enclosure has an optical glass lens port with a 2.2 mm focal length that is constructed in “a circle’s circumference
Specifications of the construction
- Rating for Depth: 200′
- Made entirely by hand in the United States
- Designed with a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate combination for durability.
- Clear the space in the back to see the O-ring seal and the buttons for the rear camera.
- The light gray/off-white hue reflects sunlight, which helps to keep the camera cool when shooting at or above the water’s surface. It also provides higher contrast for better viewing of the camera, monitor, and O-ring seal, which helps to enhance overall viewing quality.
- No-groove The O-ring keeps sand, grit, and debris out of the seal and prevents it from being accidentally twisted or stretched.
- Two locking lid snaps made of double-passivated stainless steel provide a secure seal.
- Installation and removal of the camera are made simple using the front-loading camera mounting method.
- The camera mounting plate provides easy access to the battery and memory card and is equipped with a standard 1/4-inch screw “mounting bracket with a -20 thread for attachment to the tripod’s topside
Connection and operation of the strobe
- Optional external strobes can be connected to the dual fiber-optic connections that are provided.
- Controls, handling, and operation are all covered.
- 2.2 GHz processor with built-in memory “port for a lens with a diameter of
- All camera operations, with the exception of the diopter adjustment dial, are controlled by ergonomic mechanical controls, which include push buttons, knurled gears/knobs, and levers, among other things.
- Both with and without diving gloves, the controls are easy to reach and use.
- The rear controls are designated with easy-to-see, laser-engraved symbols that will not fade or fall off over time, unlike other controls.
- two and a quarter “An optional tray with grips may be attached to the bottom of the housing using the -20 threaded holes on the bottom of the housing.
Panasonic Lumix TS7 Specs
|Max resolution||5184 x 3888|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||20 megapixels|
|Sensor photodetectors||21 megapixels|
|Sensor size||1/2.3″ (6.17 x 4.55 mm)|
|ISO||Auto, 80-3200 (expands to 6400)|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||6400|
|White balance presets||5|
|Custom white balance||Yes|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, standard|
|Focal length (Equiv.)||28–128 mm|
|Autofocus||Contrast Detect (sensor)Multi-areaCenterSelective single-pointTrackingSingleContinuousFace DetectionLive View|
|Digital zoom||Yes (4x)|
|Normal focus range||30 cm (11.81″)|
|Macro focus range||5 cm (1.97″)|
|Number of focus points||49|
|Focal length multiplier||5.65×|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Viewfinder magnification||2.53× (0.45× 35mm Equiv.)|
|Minimum shutter speed||4 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/1300 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic)||1/16000 sec|
|Manual exposure mode||Yes|
|Flash range||5.60 m (with Auto ISO)|
|Flash modes||Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off|
|Continuous drive||10.0 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2 or 10 secs, 10 secs x 3 images)|
|Exposure compensation||±5 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±3 (3, 5, 7 frames at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|Modes||3840 x 2160 @ 30p / 100 Mbps, MP4, H.264, AAC3840 x 2160 @ 24p / 100 Mbps, MP4, H.264, AAC1920 x 1080 @ 60p / 28 Mbps, MP4, H.264, AAC1920 x 1080 @ 30p / 20 Mbps, MP4, H.264, AAC|
|Storage types||SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I supported)|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|HDMI||Yes (micro HDMI)|
|Remote control||Yes (via smartphone)|
|Battery description||DMW-BCM13PP lithium-ion battery and charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||300|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||319 g (0.70 lb / 11.25 oz)|
|Dimensions||117 x 76 x 37 mm (4.61 x 2.99 x 1.46″)|