The black Lumix DMC-ZS100 Digital Camera from Panasonic is a flexible point-and-shoot that was designed with travel in mind. It combines form and performance in a stylish package. A huge 1-inch 20.1MP High-Sensitivity MOS sensor and 10x optical zoom lens are included inside the ZS100, despite its slim design.
The ZS100 is designed to be as streamlined as possible. The sensor works in conjunction with a Venus Engine image processor to provide images with sharp, clean detail, minimal noise, and high sensitivity up to an increased ISO 25600 range. With this CPU and sensor, you can also capture 4K UHD video at 30p and 24p frame rates, as well as rapid continuous shooting at up to 50 frames per second with an electronic shutter or 10 frames per second with a mechanical shutter.
The 4K capabilities have been expanded to stills applications as well, allowing for 30 frames per second shooting at 8MP as well as the option to use Post Focus to select a precise point of focus after the shot has been taken.
Additionally, a Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens, with a 25-250mm equivalent focal length range and 5-axis Hybrid Image Stabilization to eliminate the impression of camera shake for crisper handheld photography, complements these image characteristics.
The ZS100 is a powerful camera for photographers and videographers on the go, with more features than your typical pocket-sized point-and-shoot. It is available in black or white.
In addition to its stills and video components, the ZS100 is distinguished by its user-friendly physical design, which has both an electronic viewfinder and a rear LCD screen for easy viewing. In addition to being a 1166k-dot EVF that allows for comfortable eye-level monitoring, the Live View Finder is also particularly well-suited for working in bright settings.
The huge back 3.0 is in stark contrast to this “The LCD touchscreen has a resolution of 1.04 million dots and is ideally suited for crisp picture review, menu navigation, and live view shooting. There are also a number of manual control knobs on the camera body to draw attention to them, such as a lens-surrounding programmable control ring that allows for direct control over zoom, focus, and exposure settings.
Aside from that, the ZS100’s integrated Wi-Fi lets you to link it with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing and remote camera operation using the Panasonic Image app.
20.1 megapixels 1 “The MOS Sensor and the Venus Engine
a significant one “The 20.1MP High-Sensitivity MOS sensor works in conjunction with the Venus Engine image processor to provide images with rich detail, reduced noise, and high sensitivity up to an increased ISO 25600 range.
The sensor and processor combination also allows for continuous shooting rates of 50 frames per second when using the electronic shutter, 10 frames per second when using a mechanical shutter and single-shot AF, 6 frames per second when using continuous AF, and 30 frames per second at 8MP when using the 4K Photo modes.
Zoom lens for the Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 10x zoom system.
A long-reaching 10x Leica DC Vario-Elmarit zoom lens provides a 25-250mm equivalent focal length range, as well as a maximum aperture range of f/2.8-5.9 and a maximum shutter speed range of 1/8000-1/8000 sec. Five double-sided aspherical elements are used in the lens design to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions across the zoom range, resulting in improved picture clarity and sharpness.
With a 5-axis hybrid optical image stabilization technology, the lens’ reach is extended even farther, allowing for crisper handheld photography in low-light circumstances while still maintaining the lens’ sharpness and contrast.
As a result of the image stabilization technology, a unique Level Shot function is enabled, which automatically identifies the horizontal line of the recording picture and maintains it level during the shooting process, independent of camera tilt, resulting in improved shooting stability.
Modes for 4K video and photography
The sensor and CPU combination also supports 4K video recording at 30p and 24p frame rates in the MP4 format at a speed of 100 Mbps in both the 30p and 24p frame rates. The camera can also record in full high-definition (1080p or 720p), as well as in high-speed Full HD with 120 frames per second slow-motion replay.
Aside from video, the 4K capabilities allow for the capture of 8MP still images at 30 frames per second in three different ways:
Four-Kill Burst: Similar to video recording, this mode will let you to continually record 8MP photographs at 30 frames per second for up to 15 minutes, making it excellent for situations where you need to capture the best moment possible at a fast frame rate.
4K Pre-Burst: This mode is useful for situations in which you are unsure of when to press the shutter button. It will record 8MP images at 30 frames per second one second before and one second after pressing the shutter button, giving you a total of 60 frames to choose from when pressing the shutter button.
4K Burst (S/S): This mode is the most closely related to the 4K video recording process, and it allows you to playback your video, pause it at a predetermined point, and then use the shutter button to select a frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame. 4K Burst (S/S): This mode is the most closely related to the 4K video recording process, and it allows you to playback your video, pause it at a
Post-focus and light-speed automatic focusing
Another feature of the 4K capabilities is a unique focusing process known as Post Focus, which is only available in 4K.
Post Focus works in conjunction with the Light Speed AF focusing system, which uses a 49-area contrast-detection focusing system, and the intelligent Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology to record imagery as a 4K MP4 file at 30 frames per second while shifting the specific point of focus throughout the burst shooting process to provide a variety of distinct focusing ranges to choose from.
The camera’s touchscreen allows you to select the particular portion of the image that you want to be in focus as the image is being played back, and an 8MP JPEG file will be produced. You may split the original burst into many distinct files with different points of focus.
You can also employ the focusing assist capabilities in order to achieve even more precision when concentrating on a specific in-focus region.
Using the Starlight AF function, which is particularly designed for gaining correct focus during nighttime photography, the DFD technology also enables speedy focusing performance when working in low-light circumstances, which is another benefit of the DFD technology.
Design of the body and the presence of built-in Wi-Fi
- With a Live View Finder (LVF), which is built into the elegant body design, users may monitor their images at a comfortable eye level. This electronic viewfinder has a 1,166k-dot resolution and fills the whole image frame when shooting at maximum resolution.
- Alternatively, a 3.0 rear differential “A 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD monitor is also available for use with live view shooting, image review, and menu navigation that is both simple and intuitive.
- Several manual controls provide straightforward, direct control over a range of frequently used camera settings, including a control ring encircling the lens that can be customized to modify zoom, shutter speed, manual focus, and ISO sensitivity among other things.
- Wireless transmission of photographs and videos to linked smartphones and tablets for direct internet sharing is made possible by the built-in Wi-Fi capability. Using the use of a QR code pairing mechanism, it is simple to link mobile devices together. Once linked, the mobile device may also be used to remotely manage the camera through the Panasonic Image app.
Additional Camera Functions
- Photographing fireworks or nighttime scenery, for example, requires the use of Light Composition, a specific processing mode that picks and recovers information from brighter portions in the image in order to provide more dramatic, yet regulated images in high-contrast circumstances.
- 4K Live Cropping is a feature devoted to UHD video recording that allows the recording frame to shift while the camera remains in a fixed location. This provides for improved stability while panning or zooming while recording in UHD video quality.
- Within the camera, you have the ability to alter color space (Adobe RGB/sRGB), white balance, exposure compensation, Photo Style, Intelligent D-Range Control (contrast, highlight/shadow values), saturation, noise reduction (in Intelligent Resolution only), and sharpness (in both RGB and sRGB).
- Because of the Light Speed AF and DFD technologies, it is possible to keep the crucial focus on moving subjects with pinpoint accuracy and precision.
- Focus peaking is offered for manual focusing control to make it easier and more precise.
- When working with the back LCD, the integrated rechargeable lithium-ion battery allows you to capture 300 images each charge; when working with the electronic viewfinder, you can capture 240 shots per charge.
- By simply panning around the area and recording a wide field of view, Wide Panorama allows you to create panoramic photographs in-camera.
- Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine are some of the creative control modes available.
- Using the Still Image Scene Guide, you may create the following effects: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child’s Face, Distinct Scenery, and Softening Tone. Sky the color of the sky, romantic sunset glow, vibrant sunset glow, gleaming water a clear nightscape, a cool night sky, a warm glowy nightscape, an artistic nightscape, glittering illuminations, etc. There are several types of night shots, including handheld night shots, clear night portraits, soft images of a flower; appetizing food; cute dessert; freeze animal motion; clear sports shots, and monochrome night shots.
- The following Photo Style modes are available: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom. When Creative Video mode is selected, Cinelike D and Cinelike V are also available.
- Contrast, sharpness, noise reduction, saturation, color tone, and filter effect are all available as picture adjustment options.
Panasonic Lumix ZS100 Specs
|MSRP||$699 / £549|
|Body type||Large sensor compact|
|Max resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||20 megapixels|
|Sensor photodetectors||21 megapixels|
|Sensor size||1″ (13.2 x 8.8 mm)|
|ISO||Auto, 125-12800 (expands to 80-25600)|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||80|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||25600|
|White balance presets||5|
|Custom white balance||Yes (4 slots)|
|Image stabilization notes||Hybrid 5-axis available in movie mode|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, standard|
|Focal length (equiv.)||25–250 mm|
|Autofocus||Contrast Detect (sensor)Multi-areaCenterSelective single-pointTrackingSingleContinuousTouchFace DetectionLive View|
|Digital zoom||Yes (4X)|
|Normal focus range||50 cm (19.69″)|
|Macro focus range||5 cm (1.97″)|
|Number of focus points||49|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Minimum shutter speed||60 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/2000 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic)||1/16000 sec|
|Manual exposure mode||Yes|
|Flash range||8.00 m (at Auto ISO)|
|Flash modes||Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off|
|Continuous drive||10.0 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2 or 10 secs, 3 shots @ 10 sec)|
|Exposure compensation||±5 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±3 (3, 5, 7 frames at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||4K/UHD (3840 x 2160 @ 30p/24p), 1920 x 1080 @ 60p/60i/30p/24p, 640 x 480 (30p)|
|Storage types||SD/SDHC/SDXC card|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|HDMI||Yes (micro HDMI)|
|Remote control||Yes (via smartphone)|
|Battery description||Lithium-ion battery & charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||300|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||312 g (0.69 lb / 11.01 oz)|
|Dimensions||111 x 65 x 44 mm (4.37 x 2.56 x 1.73″)|