We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
The most recent reports say that Canon will release a new entry-level RF mount APS-C mirrorless camera called the “EOS R100” in the first or second quarter of 2023. This camera will have a lower price point than the EOS R10 model.
The Canon EOS R100 camera will be outfitted with a CMOS image sensor that has a resolution of 24.2 megapixels and an APS-C format. With this sensor, the camera will be capable of high-speed continuous photography at 14 frames per second and video capture at 4K at 30 frames per second.
Speculations Regarding the Canon EOS R100 Include the Following:
- CMOS image sensor with 24.2 megapixels and an APS-C format
- High-speed continuous shooting at a rate of 14 frames per second
- 4K/30p video
- No HDR PQ video model like Canon EOS R10
- 3.0-inch touch screen with 1.04 million dots and variable angle
- Expect an announcement in the first and second quarters of 2023.
The following are the five upcoming mirrorless lenses with a Canon RF mount and an APS-C format that may be introduced in the near future:
- RF-S 22mm F2 STM
- RF-S 32mm F1.4 STM
- RF-S 11-55mm F4-4.5 IS STM
- RF-S 55-250mm F4.5-7.1 IS STM
- RF-S 16-55mm F2.8 IS USM
A friendly reminder that the Canon EOS R3, R5 C, R5, and R6 are now selling like hotcakes; if you’re interested, place your order as soon as possible.
Canon EOS R5 body: $3,899 at Amazon.